Community Care – Jan 2010
- New to our project portfolio in 2009 were a number of Community Care Projects. Our advice after consultation with the design team and client in each project was to create a sign scheme that would express a warm and friendly environment for residences and visitors alike.
- The external signage would clearly identify the common areas and give a very pleasing image of the overall facility.
- The interior signs should be as personal as possible so as to contribute to making people feel welcome and at home.
- Clear contrast between panel colour and text colour and the extensive use of icons help all user groups to make intuitive choices, irrespective of age, language or culture.
- Flexibility and ease of change putting the client in control is essential.