Accessibility in a Municipal Setting – June 2010
Accessibility in a Municipal Setting
- Promote accessibility for all
- Safety and legibility of signs for all users is essential, visually impaired and non-English/ Irish speakers are a key consideration.
- Comply with Irish Language Legislation
- Provide a versatile way of displaying information, location maps, history and heritage
- Professional well-placed signs enhance the unique characteristics of the architecture of any building or environment.
- Clear contrast between panel colour and text colour and the extensive use of icons help all user groups to make intuitive choices, irrespective of age, language or culture.
As signage is now considered part of the physical environment, balancing the demands of Wayfinding, safety, brand and visual quality is all-important.
- Click link below to see – Municipal Projects:
- Click links below to see – News Items:
- Click link below to see – Testimonials: